Let IEEE Victoria help make your IEEE conference a success!
Victoria and Tasmania are great locations to hold a conference. And you can do much more than just visit a great location. Engage with the IEEE Victorian Section (and our Tasmanian sub-section), and we will help give your delegates a memorable experience.
- A region for research and industry: Melbourne is a centre for industry and research in the life sciences and other leading technical fields, and many other areas of Victoria and Tasmania provide expertise in their chosen fields. With more than 2,000 members we can put you in touch with these industries.
- Technical co-sponsorship: The Victorian Section has expertise in many areas of IEEE Technical activity. We invite you to send us a proposal for Technical Co-Sponsorship of an IEEE conference being held in Victoria or Tasmania.
- Publicity: Victorian Section’s web site is continually updated so it has lots of visitors. We will promote your conference on our web site, and send out a notice in our member communication to all our members.
- Young Professionals: Our Young Professionals can organise an event at a suitable time in your agenda for young enthusiastic IEEE members to meet conference delegates.
- Technical meetings: A great way to connect with the local community and build local visibility is by holding a Technical meeting for one of your visiting keynote speakers or delegates to reach a local audience who may not be attending your conference.
- Collabratec: The IEEE Victorian Section local Melbourne Collabratec site is https://ieee-collabratec.ieee.org/app/community/44/activities. We encourage visiting IEEE members to connect with us through this community.
In summary we strongly encourage you to engage with our section, so that your delegates have not just a great conference experience, but a great Victorian or Tasman experience!
All conferences matters should be addressed to:
Dr. Greg Adamson
IEEE Victorian Section
Check out some of the conferences that we are involved with