Consistent with its corporate objective of “promoting the science and practice of electrical and electronics engineering”, IEEE Victorian Section is pleased to offer limited financial support to IEEE Victorian Section student members wishing to present accepted papers at IEEE or approved non-IEEE conferences. These awards were first made available in 2008.
Papers need to be presented during 2015. Papers must not have been submitted for a previous round of travel grant applications. Deadline for applications is September 26 2015.
To receive a grant the recipient must:
- Be a current member of the IEEE in Victoria/Tasmania
- Be an accredited student (at the time of the paper submission deadline); and have completed at least 50% of a full-time undergraduate program, or any portion of a postgraduate program, in an approved course of study
- Be the author or co-author of a paper already accepted for presentation at the conference
- Have contributed at least 50% of the research or other material presented.
- Attend the conference and present the paper.
21.3 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- No more than two (2) Grants will be awarded in each calendar year
- Grants shall not exceed $1000 each
- The applicant must complete all of the details in the application below.
- Only one student author per paper will be awarded a travel grant.
- A student can receive only one grant per year.
- Successful applicants will be expected to provide a one-page report on the conference and give a short presentation.
- The Grants are awarded at the sole discretion of the IEEE Victorian Section Executive Committee
- The IEEE Victorian Section Committee is under no obligation to make awards and may limit the total amount awarded in any year, or withhold awards completely, or make any other changes it sees fit, at its sole discretion.
Application form will be sent on email request to email@example.com
All applications for Student Travel Grants must be submitted on this proforma together with all support documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “IEEE Student Conference Paper Travel Grant #2 2015” in the subject line of your e-mails.