« All Events
Get Employed & Thrive in Construction, Mining & Resource Sector
August 11, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm AEST
Experience an honest insight into the reality of a modern career in construction, mining and engineering, from local roles through to specialist engineers and project managers. A discussion on steps that can help students secure a job in this industry but also shares vital life choices and strategies to ensure students thrive under the difficult working conditions and lifestyle.
Discover the secrets to:
- Getting Job ready – What employers actually want to see & strategies to position yourself ahead of other applicants in a competitive market
- Realistic expectations of wages, career advancement and lifestyle challenges, especially when working in remote roles
- Networking essentials – Why it is critical and how to do it properly
- What additional training will double your chances of getting a job
- Door Prize: Over $500 worth of free industry training
- Give Aways: Free checklists, templates and heaps of other resources
- Special Guest: Garth Duffy (Mechanical Engineer, Thiess Australia)
Tom Scash, Director, Training Ahead Australia
Tom has experience in the construction and mining industry for over 17
years and has worked in five states across the country and also in USA working in residential, commercial, industrial and heavy industrial construction, above ground and underground mining.
Tom was graduated from Victoria University, Melbourne. with a Recreational Leadership degree, and is dedicated to motivate and raise awareness on opportunities and issues, particularly for young people looking to enter the construction, mining and resource industry.
Register : ieee-engineering-career-seminar.eventbrite.com.au
For more information, please check the event’s flyer.