Industry and Government Paper Presentation Travel Grant
Consistent with our aim of “promoting the science and practice of electrical and electronics engineering”, the IEEE Victorian Section is pleased to offer limited financial support to an IEEE Victorian Section member working in industry or government wishing to travel to present an accepted paper at an IEEE or approved non-IEEE conference..
The Section already offers student members a number of travel grants each year, and the full member one is intended to encourage learned publications from practising engineers.
Industry and Government Paper Contest Chair – Enn Vinnal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- be a current member of the IEEE in Victoria / Tasmania
- be working full-time or part-time (at the time of the paper submission deadline) in industry or government
- not be publishing on work related to any academic study being undertaken
- be the author or co-author of a paper already accepted for presentation at the conference
- have contributed at least 50% of the research or other material presented,and attend the conference and present the paper.
- Grants will be advertised for two (2) months prior to the deadline for applications
- It is envisage that there will be one grant in 2016
- A grant shall not exceed $1500 and will be paid against expenditure receipts
- The applicant must complete all of the details in the application below.
- Only one author per paper will be awarded a travel grant.
- An author can receive only one grant per year if the scheme is expanded in later years
- An author that has previously won a travel grant is ineligible to apply
- A successful applicant will be asked to provide a one-page report on the conference and his/her presentation
- The Grants are awarded at the sole discretion of the IEEE Victorian Section Executive Committee
- The IEEE Victorian Section Committee is under no obligation to make awards and may limit the total amount awarded in any year, or withhold an award completely, or make any other changes it sees fit, at its sole discretion.
- There is no specific paper format for this competition. We would like to encourage submission in the format of the conferences they have been written for.
- Final camera-read paper should be submitted in PDF format
- Scanned completed and signed Declaration form should be filled in and submitted together with your paper using the link below
- Paper and administration documents to be submitted into SUBMISSION PORTAL
- Contest Opens August 3rd 2016
- Submission Closes 3rd October 2016
- Results Announced 30th October 2016
- Contest award recipients invited to receive certificates and awards at 7th December (Section AGM and Dinner)